Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Accounting Manager
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
Supervises accountants and clerks performing established accounting procedures sufficient to prepare and validate accounting source documents and to examine, verify and maintain accounts and various accounting records.
- Supervises accounting clerks and makes sure documents have proper approval, supporting documentation and data is mathematically correct.
- Assigns codes to transactions, prepares data transaction sheets for entry into the computer system.
- Cooperates with auditors retained to audit accounting procedures and records.
- Posts, edits and proofs entries to general ledger and accounts. Lists and recaps entries. Examines invoices and processes standard accounts payables.
- Responsible for preparation and entry of customer invoices.
- Traces transactions to determine source of discrepancies. Detect errors that result in computer generated rejects of input data and codes correctly.
- Verifies and pays non-recurring types of claims, bills and invoice vouchers.
- Supervises all books of original entry to ensure accurate data collection in accounting general ledger and job cost reports.
- Ensures that books are closed each month in an accurate and timely manner.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of clerical accounting practices and basic accounting theory.
- Good knowledge of office procedures, equipment, and business math.
- Good knowledge of automated accounting systems.
- Ability to maintain accurate financial records and to prepare routine reports and statements.
- Ability to supervise employees and maintain effective working relationships.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Completion of four years of college with emphasis in accounting and general office procedures.
Considerable experience in clerical accounting functions or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.