Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Automation & Controls Technician
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
The Test Technician is responsible for testing and validating equipment for company and customers specifications prior to release.
- Conduct testing on equipment prior to release to customer.
- Complete accurate electronic and written documentation as required by department.
- Provide timely communication to Test Lead on any issues, concerns, or updates with project.
- Answer technical questions regarding equipment.
- Communicate any project issues or concerns to Test Lead.
- Communicate pertinent information with other departments to keep project moving forward.
- Work with Test Lead to establish standard testing processes and procedures for the validation of our equipment.
- Wire machinery as per the electrical schematics.
- Estimate the duration of task, given a defined scope of work.
- Oversee test area is clean and 5-s processes are followed.
- Interpret and manipulate electrical schematics and PLC logic to achieve machine functionality.
- Function as a training resource regarding the testing and validation of our equipment.
- Represent Company professionally and positively with external and internal customers.
- Travel may be required to perform service work.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:.
- Strong PLC commissioning and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional mechanical and electrical assembly and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand engineering specifications.
- Proven professional written and personal communication skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well on a team or independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and be dedicated to improving existing processes.
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- AS or BS in Automation or Engineering Technology, or similar equivalent experience.
- Prior experience performing similar duties required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.