Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Business Controller
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
The Controller manages the Finance and Accounting team and oversees financial statements, product costing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and asset management.
- Manage and lead a collaborative, cohesive, and effective Finance and Accounting team consisting of finance, costing, payables, receivables, and asset accounting teammates.
- Coach, performance manage, develop, and cross-train 6 – 8 direct reports.
- Continuously improve finance and accounting processes.
- Issue timely and complete monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements:
- Profit & Loss
- Cash Flow
- Balance Sheet
- Financial Forecast
- Ensure that accounts payable are accounts receivable are managed timely.
- Manage timely information sharing with banks and external financial entities.
- Calculate budget variances and report significant issues.
- Support and assist department leaders with budget preparation and management.
- Ensure General Ledger and Asset Records are current and accurate.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure financial performance.
- Provide financial analyses for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- 5-10+ years experience in durable/capital goods manufacturing.
- Strong background with standard/job cost accounting and inventory valuation.
- Demonstrated budgeting, costing, estimating, and reporting experience.
- Shareholder and bank relations and reporting experience are preferred.
- ERP utilization experience.
- Demonstrated financial, planning, analysis, and report experience required.