Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Class Designer Services Manager
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
The Class Design Manager is responsible for managing Class Design Services under the FFG(X) Program. Specifically, he/she will be responsible for administering the Technical Instructions (TIs) issued by the Government.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include conducting special studies, analysis, trade-off and documentation in support of the FFG(X) contract including the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Assess engineering and production problems and identify cost and schedule risks associated with changes to the ship design
- Apply engineering and production trade-offs and / or analyze alternate processes or alternate subsystems or equipment. Trade-off tasks may be developed as the result of Contractor review of shipbuilding problems or as the result of recommendations emanating from other work performed by the Contractor
- Engineer, fabricate and/or procure and test new technology candidates
- Resolve Priority 3 software defects associated with Contractor provided software, including the systems engineering efforts to define the required change(s) to resolve the defect and reporting of the resolution to the Government for determination of unforeseen impacts
- Develop Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) in accordance with FFG(X) Configuration Management Plan,
- Provide support to SUPSHIP for network connectivity efforts, including NMCI configuration support in Contractor provided SUPSHIP facilities
- Attend and participate in meetings to support efforts involving design, production, or supportability
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
Other services include, but are not limited to, the correction of problems associated with GFE or GFM, calibration of GFE, Government requirements identified by Acceptance Trial (AT) cards, equipment installation, rigging support, and subject matter expert technical assistance, and the development of various engineering products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Class Design Services Manager must have as a minimum a B.S. in Engineering or a Business Management related field plus a minimum of 6 years of applicable experience.
- Experience in a shipbuilding environment is preferred.
- Major Defense Industry experience a plus.
- Additional supervisory and or management degrees are a plus.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org