Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Contracts Manager
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
In charge of the contract section of federal solicitations, negotiations, contracts and amendments, teaming agreements, and any other contractual documents.
Is the initial point of contact for contractual communication with the customer, DCAA audit, the company’s Corporate Legal Department and has responsibility for oral and written representation of the corporation.
Functions will include maintaining documentation for present responsibility such as certificates of insurance, representations and certifications, and organizational conflict of interest.
Successful candidate may support proposal and pricing development as well as various company procedures relating to responsible business associates, proposals, and contract administration.
The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance may be required.
Reports directly to the Vice President of Contracts, Pricing, and Supply Chain Management.
- Chief of Contract Administration responsible for managing all contract activity for the company.
- Leads all aspects of the Contract Administration department.
- Makes recommendation to management to execute contractual documents.
- Responsible for compliance to all departmental processes and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of FAR and DFARS.
- Possesses strong leadership skills.
- Lead negotiator for the company.
- Strong business acumen.
- Drafts and submits official company correspondence.
- Reviews all terms and conditions cross functionally to facilitate an understanding of all contract requirements.
- Attends meetings as requested in support of all programs and the business.
- Ensures contract documentation repository is maintained for all contracts.
- Responsible for post-award communications with the customer’s contract personnel on all contract matters.
- Initiates contract close-out.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Considerable knowledge of contract administration and regulatory policies and practices.
Considerable knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices or the ability to acquire it quickly.
Ability to establish and meet goals, and to lead and function on a team effectively with all employee levels.
Bachelor of Science degree in Business or Finance.
Certification by National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is desirable plus 5 to 8 years’ experience related to contracting.
Must have a working knowledge of the FAR and DoD FAR Supplement.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Package including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, as well as strong communication skill both oral and written.