Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Corporate Insurance Manager
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
- Ability to follow and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- Protect the assets of the Corporation by evaluating risks and exposures and taking the appropriate action to transfer the risks to third parties or through placement, and subsequent management, of the proper insurance coverages.
- Oversee and assess risk profile for the Corporation and identify appropriate insurance programs to manage and mitigate the Corporation’s risk. Insurance programs include General Liability, Property, EPLI, Terrorism, D&O, Workers Compensation, Builder’s Risk, Cyber Security, Crime, and Business Interruption, etc.
- Oversee, manage and investigate in-house claims and insurance carrier claims, including providing supporting claims documentation, coordinating defense strategies and negotiating settlements with claimants, carriers and third parties.
- Review and analyze the insurance sections of contracts between the Corporation service providers and contractors, and respond to in-house inquiries to evaluate the potential risks and exposures and recommend the appropriate insurance coverages to the Corporation’s management, etc.
- Develop and manage budget regarding premiums, claims and costs related to managing and defending claims.
- Assist in the compilation and review of underwriting data used to market renewal. Manage competitive bidding process for insurance renewals.
- Oversee the compiling, review and evaluation of Certificates of Insurance.
- Provide guidance to the Purchasing Department and ensure proper COI’s are obtained.
- Additionally, work with the site Purchasing Departments to oversee the implementation of a formal COI tracking/receiving process with third party vendor.
- Frequent contact with insurance brokers to evaluate coverages and to address specific business insurance related matters as they arise.
- Assist the site Safety Department on the management of Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Proactively work with business units to recognize, address and mitigate business risk.
- Have the ability to identify risks and present potential opportunities throughout the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a four-year college level degree program with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Should have a minimum of 7 years of experience in insurance and/or risk management; experience in the health and safety area is a plus.
- Finance/Accounting experience is preferred.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills, FAS and experience with financial systems, preferably one of the following: BAAN, Epicor, Sage, SAP).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels within the Organization and to external parties.
- Must have the ability to use critical thinking to analyze information obtained and/or situations. In addition, have the ability to communicate potential solutions via logical reasoning.
- Proven ability to analyze existing processes, identify issues and opportunities for improvements and increased efficiencies.
- Able to work in a team environment leading and/or supporting initiatives, and provide training and guidance to other staff in areas of individual expertise.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Professional work ethic with a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Process improvement capabilities.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions.
- Critical thinking skills
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.