Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Cost Accountant
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
The Cost Accountant, reporting to the VP of Finance, is the cost expert for the company.
This role will interface with team members and leaders across multiple departments, including but not limited to Operations, Supply Chain, Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for setting up the standard cost for labor, overhead and bills of material.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis, as well as post-job completion margin analysis.
- Validate and analyze the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Perform variance analysis such as Purchase Price to Cost variance, cost revaluation, Invoice to PO price variances, and work order variances.
- Partner with Operations and Engineering team to ensure Bill of Material accuracy including knowledge of cost changes and corresponding impact on financials.
- Ensure process integrity within Manufacturing, Intercompany, and Inventory while working with cross-functional peers to resolve process issues.
- Complete various Accounting schedules for internal and external reporting requirements, both recurring and ad hoc requests.
- Document controls, processes and procedures related to manufacturing accounting.
- Assist with and ensure successful year end audits.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area (or equivalent).
- 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting, preferably in a capital equipment manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; experience in Epicor/Kinetic a plus but not required.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles.
- Strong ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail in an enterprise resource planning system and articulate the key findings to management; recommend changes to policies and procedures to reduce cost and maximize profit.
- Strong business skills and effective understanding of financial and manufacturing systems.
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion under strict deadlines.
- Positive “can do” attitude and highly analytical; enjoys challenges.
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.