Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Director of Government Property Compliance Administration
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
This position is responsible for auditing and validating the company’s compliance with Government property procedures.
This includes conducting validation audits of the relevant government property systems as well as administering/tracking internal corrective action requests (CARs) to system leads when deficiencies are identified.
Additionally, this position will ensure control adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the company’s subject matter expert for compliance in government property processes and systems.
- Develop and revise government property compliance policies, procedures, and templates to mitigate risk.
- Audit and validate the government property business systems and issue/follow-up with CARs as needed.
- Track customer metrics and assign systems leads to respond to any deficiencies.
- Lead training for government property requirements across sites to all interested employees as required.
- Advise, coach and train relevant counterparts within the organization, as needed.
- Lead company efforts to resolve government property discrepancies identified by the customer or government.
- Effectively listen and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Produce written documents incorporating key language to ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related field including procurement, supply chain management and operations including government control management and 8 years related work experience.
Previous experience in inventory control at a manufacturing environment.
Lead and maintained all relevant material management certifications at another Navy shipyard.
Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS) related to managing property, particularly in the context of fixed price incentive contracts for the manufacturing of goods.
Computer skills with word, excel, power point, etc. MRP preferable.
Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work in an office and outdoor environment.
Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.