Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
Leads the development and validation of software for our products.
- Engage in company values of Passion, Accountability, Customer Service and Teamwork.
- Create software for motion control and HMI.
- Maintain product code or custom code through change management.
- Create technical documentation for manuals.
- Lead testing and validation of new products or code changes to ensure product integrity.
- Oversee software meets product needs.
- Create and execute validation plans to ensure robust designs.
- Collaborate with electrical designers on hardware requirements.
- Create layouts, assemblies, details, and schematics via AutoCAD.
- Define, measure, analyze, improve, and control designs (DMAIC).
- Provide technical support for sales, service, manufacturing, and R&D.
- Collaborate with departments to produce final products.
- Maintain design schedules.
- Maintain knowledge of technology upgrades, industry trends and engineering resources.
- Document new design setups and design guides for engineering, departments, and customers.
- Process Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).
- Participate in cost reductions projects.
- Proactive in proposing alternate solutions for process improvement.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested or assigned.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 3+ years’ experience preferred.
- OEM manufacturing experience preferred (machine component design).
- Paper/label converting experience – web handling experience (unwind, rewind, tension control) preferred.
- Schematic generation fluency required (AutoCAD or ePlan preferred with Vault and/or PDM experience).
- Experience with printing equipment, digital web handling, processing equipment, packaging machinery, or machine tools, or demonstrated ability to acquire knowledge.
- Demonstrated project completion experience and ownership.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with a creative, can-do attitude.
- Process management skills.
- Team player, ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated customer focus experience.
- Ability to provide concise verbal and written communication.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.