Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
- Research, develop, design and modify new and innovative products to meet customers needs and emerging market trends using computer-based tools or by hand and create specification documents for each product.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality Control teams to help ensure that finished products meet the original design specifications.
- Support Marketing and Sales with technical information to be used for training and marketing.
- Help resolve highly technical issues with customers, when needed.
- Develop and maintain an in-house design history database program for all new and current products.
- Develop and maintain design processes and procedures to hold the organization compliant in all workmanship, quality and industry performance standards.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other related technical field.
- Minimum of 6 years working experience in product design; experience with electrical products, is a must.
- Design capabilities including PCB, BOM, test plan, test fixturing, test program/software, DFM/ cost reduction, is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with design software (e.g. Altium, CAD, SolidWorks).
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance with UL, TUV, CE, CSA, NFPA, NEC and other regulatory standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Knowledge in quality management systems.