Position: Direct Placement
Title: Joiner Designer
Location: Wisconsin or Virginia
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
Designs interior construction (joiner work) of marine craft and floating structures such as ships, barges, tugs, dredges, and other marine craft by performing
the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Designs the layout of joiner work of craft interiors including cargo spaces, passenger compartments, crew quarters, public spaces, staterooms, galleys, and other interior parts of the vessel as specified by the contract.
- Graphically interprets basic design requirements of joiner work from customer furnished guidance documents
- Review and comment on engineering drawing and other documentation from customers, vendors, and junior staff members.
- Produces detailed material/equipment procurement documents in SAGE MAS 500 to enable purchasing group to place purchase orders in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Analyzes the effect of change on the details of form, fit, function and positional relationships of product. Communicates results of analysis to appropriate parties.
- Coordination with HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical systems and creation of construction or fabrication details for installation of this.
- Plans and completes layouts and details graphic presentations of technical drafting/design work of a complex and specialized nature according to schedule. This process requires the interpretation and application of learned engineering principles and determinations, as well as accurate interpretations of customer specifications and scope documents.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of current and new drafting/design techniques, practices, procedures, and applicable processes. AUTOCAD preferred Identifies opportunities to reduce costs and recommend strategies to department supervisor. Performs quality checks of work submitted by other design personnel.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org