Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Master Scheduler
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
Develops resource loaded Critical Path Method (CPM) Master and Project specific schedules and plans workshop / workstation sequencing to optimize facility utilization.
Plans and prepares schedules for construction and repair of commercial and military vessels, as well as preparing bid / estimate schedules utilizing scheduling software.
Draws up master/discipline schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet forecasted master schedule.
Maintains and monitors facilities’ master schedule, implements and recommends solutions to scheduling/production changes.
Performs under the general supervision and direction of the Scheduling Manager.
- Works with Planners to develop detailed plans and schedules for each craft and operation according to previously established build strategy sequences and lead times. Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, testing, commissioning and other operations for guidance of each product craft.
- Updates Project Team and Company Management through weekly reports.
- Analyzes production specifications and construction data and performs analysis to determine material, tools, and human resource requirements for achieving project goals.
- Scheduler confers with Project Team members to determine status of projects. Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares and presents production status reports, manning curves and assists with performance reports.
- Assigns, instructs, supervises and evaluates schedulers as assigned.
- Receives / Assesses and enters engineering and production progress in the project schedules, and analyzes changes to the schedule after updating.
- Reviews schedule produced resource loading and conveys information to HR and Production Management in order to fulfil schedule labor requirements.
- Participates in the forecasting processes for the facilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and best practices for scheduling in accordance with industry and government standards.
- Ability to enter, maintain, and generate accurate data and reports.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and blueprints.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Considerable knowledge of the creation and use of Build Strategies, Master Schedules, Product Work Breakdown Structures, Budgeting, Resources Loading, and Detailed Scheduling or the ability to acquire it quickly.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree in Marine Estimating preferred or equivalent college level course.
Study in another related field plus 10 years of professional level experience in scheduling and supervisory experience utilizing scheduling software; or any combination of experience and training that results in the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
APICS certification a plus.
Must have advanced knowledge of and proficient with Primavera P6 and MS Office products (Excel, Project, Word, etc.).