Position Type: Contract to Direct
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
The Mechanical Engineer shall design mechanical and electromechanical systems/equipment for maritime applications.
This position plays an important role in meeting our policy of supporting the continued success of our customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluating mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting development programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Developing the basis for satisfactory design and acceptance of mechanical and electromechanical systems and products through regulatory body submittals, design review, material procurement, installation, commissioning, and delivery.
- Developing requirements to permit the efficient and effective integration of the distributed systems and mechanical equipment into the ship’s design model.
- Reviewing and interpreting system specifications and data.
- Developing and providing written information including labor and material estimates, proposals, technical data, engineering procedures, test procedures, and purchase specifications.
- Acting as a communication interface with customers, subcontractors, suppliers, management, and all internal company departments.
- Assisting in shipboard installation, commission and turnover of distributed systems and mechanical equipment.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability, and performance.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with sub-contractors, suppliers, and customers.
- Ability to use mathematical modelling and computer-aided design tools.
- Ability to work with other professionals, within and outside of the company.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS Mechanical Engineering.
8 plus years of experience.
Proof of U.S. citizenship required.
Ability to gain U.S. Security Clearance.
Switchboard design experience.
Proficient in AutoCAD, Solidworks, Pro Engineer
Experience in designing to Navy Shipboard environmental conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com