Position Type: Contract
Title: Outfitting Designer
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
Utilizing drafting techniques, prepares routine to complex layouts, charts, graphs, maps, engineered designs, drawings and/or diagrams from technical specifications and instructions.
- Designs detail of work.
- Coordinates with other sections when appropriate.
- Checks drawings when appropriate (which may require entering all areas of production).
- Ensures CAD standards are followed.
- Designs to company standards and common material where possible.
- Ensures work meets requirements of applicable Regulatory Body and job specifications.
- Follows Company standard practices and procedures (i.e., PRN’s, ECP’s, EAR’s, Budget Requests, drawing check out, etc.).
- Coordinates and reviews required vendor information.
- Coordinates with other personnel as appropriate.
- Incorporates and documents owner, regulatory body, and other governing bodies’ comments.
- Possess a thorough understanding of vessel design in any or all of the following areas:
- Naval Architecture
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Good knowledge of design principles and drafting techniques.
Some knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Good knowledge of regulatory requirements and practices.
Ability to work with drafting materials and equipment.
Completion of two years of college level course work equivalent to an AA degree in Industrial Technology or a related field and some to considerable designing experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Levels I, II, and III based on experience.
ShipConstructor is required.