Position Type: Contract To Direct
Title: Production Planner/Scheduler
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
Production Planner-Scheduler is responsible for creating and maintaining production schedules per engineering capacity, materials availability, and manufacturing capacity to best meet the customer delivery requirements for new machines and replacement parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the production planning meetings for new machine orders to establish critical milestone durations for engineering, purchasing, machining, assembly, testing, and shipping.
- Analyzes customer orders and establishes production schedules for timely delivery, based on input from the production planning meeting.
- Analyzing capacity in these downstream operations and creating rules for adjusting milestone dates while minimizing the impact of customer delivery dates.
- Populate and maintain the production schedule for machines.
- Enter machine and part jobs into the ERP system upon release from engineering (machines) and sales (parts).
- Work with Machine Shop Manager to analyze capacity for make versus purchase and select the best option based on schedule requirements.
- Facilitate the printing of part routing travelers and part drawings to be delivered to the machine shop.
- Monitor production and adjust the schedule for timely delivery.
- Communicates schedule changes with the responsible salesperson for machines and part orders.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of relevant planning experience preferred.
- Previous experience with ERP/MRP system preferred.
- Familiarity with Epicor is a plus.
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and communicate with internal and external parties.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, plan, and prioritize duties to meet multiple overlapping and competing deadlines and strict timelines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including collecting data, establishing facts, drawing conclusions, and recommending effective correction action.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Follow safe practices and procedures as required.
- Previous experience in OEM Original Equipment Manufacturing is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree strongly preferred in a business-related field, such as operations management.
- 3-5 years experience in an OEM manufacturing environment preferred.
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) experience preferred.
- Microsoft office skills
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.