Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Purchasing Agent
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
This position is accountable for the purchase of a wide range of domestic materials.
Procurement must be consistent with quality, job specifications, and drawings and adherent to project schedules.
This position is responsible to reduce the cost of materials through source selection and negotiation.
All business affairs are to be conducted in an ethical, courteous and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintains pricing information in the departments quote file.
Prepares Request for quotations for materials assigned.
Reviews and analyzes quotations received in reply to RFQs.
Negotiates pricing and prepares for review by Director of Material prior to award for all purchases in excess of authorized purchase level.
Creates, issues and performs Purchase Order maintenance using the business information system.
Reviews Purchase Order acknowledgements for contract formation issues, and if any, address them appropriately.
Resolves discrepancies with suppliers including: quality (yard concerns) and invoicing issues.
Supports our New Work Proposal efforts by obtaining potential project specific pricing for subcontract work and assigned purchase product lines.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a business curriculum preferred, and two years experience in maritime work procurement or five (5 years) experience in procurement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
2. Knowledge of purchasing and contract formation and administration practices.
3. Product knowledge of maritime related materials.
4. Effective communication skills with a wide range of personalities, both internal and external to
5. Effective negotiating skills
6. Ability to gather and analyze data and make competent decisions.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Sage MAS500 Business information system.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org