Type: Direct Placement
Title: Senior Engineering Technician
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
The Senior Engineer Technician’s purpose is to create functional design deliverables from engineering calculations and guidance, and or cost-effective detailed design ship production deliverables using the functional design documentation.
The Senior Engineer Technician assists in determining the technical requirements of the project and in defining resource requirements to achieve schedule commitments within the field of competence.
Finally, the Senior Engineering Technician will assist manufacturing in the resolution of production related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and develop 2D deliverables.
- Develop 3D model of systems and components within core competency.
- Solve technical issues under the guidance of the department supervision.
- Plan, estimate, schedule and monitor assigned work.
- Track and report progress to commitments
- Supervise the work status of assigned resources.
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions within assigned department.
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables.
- Interpret contract requirements.
- Develop contract change documents to support the project needs.
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- May be required to lead or participate in product improvement projects.
The Senior Engineer Technician may directly supervise a team of up to 5 employees.
Supervisory responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; and resolving problems.
The Senior Engineer Technician also demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
2 Year Degree in field of competence (or equivalent) or 10 years of equivalent experience.
User experience of primary design tools (AutoCAD 2D/3D, 3D ShipConstructor) preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org