Position Type: Contract To Direct
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
- Ship checking to assess progress.
- Develop and modify drawing products.
- Perform reviews of ship Technical Data Packages (TDPs), Pre-Initial Change Proposal (PICP), ICPs, and Change Notices (CNs) to identify deficiencies within the products.
- Ship Change Documents (SCDs).
- Perform reviews of ship planning yards providing Installation Drawings (SIDs).
- Provide technical resolution for identified ship system/integration issues.
- Review system interface issues and provide recommendations.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations to resolve configuration issues and deficiencies.
- Give engineering support for Test, Evaluation and Cert efforts.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
10 years of experience with integration of tactical warfare systems, such as sensors, weapons, command and control, communications, mission planning, intelligence, force planning, aviation, Intercommunications, Networks, Fiber and support systems for prosecuting the full spectrum of activities required in multi-warfare environments.
Ship integration engineering includes review of ship engineering change proposals, development and review of ship drawings, HVAC analysis, power requirements analysis, development/review of space arrangement drawings, development/review of ship alterations, development/review of contract data package, analysis of topside arrangements, and warfare system tabulations.
5 years of specific experience in Naval Ship Systems including Command and Control (C2), Weapons Systems, Electronic Warfare (EW), Ship Self Defense System (SSDS).
Recent and verifiable experience supporting Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD).
Ship integration efforts is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred, but not required.
Travel possible. May be required (a US passport is a plus).
SECRET security clearance preferred.