Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Software Engineer
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
Responsible to create, design, continuously improve, support, and validate software to control OEM equipment and support systems.
- Engage in company values of Passion, Accountability, Customer Service and Teamwork.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Create well-designed, testable code.
- Create software for motion control and HMI.
- Maintain product code or custom code through change management.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Lead testing and validation of new products or code changes.
- Collaborate with departments to produce final products.
- Create and comply with project plans.
- Update software with latest features.
- Document software required by the department-theory of operation, manuals, guides, and training materials.
- Proactive in proposing alternate solutions for process improvement.
- Process Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience preferred.
- PLC Motion control programming experience preferred (B&R preferred).
- Proficiency in languages such as Java, structured text or C++, and object-oriented design skills required.
- Experience with printing equipment, digital web handling, processing equipment, packaging machinery, or machine tools; or demonstrated ability to acquire knowledge.
- Application architecture and design patterns.
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle is preferred.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Skills in software design, debugging, and testing.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.