Position Type: Direct Placement
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
The Senior Engineer’s purpose is to solve technical problems, develop applicable documentation, and supervise all assigned resources to support the assigned project. The Senior Engineer assists the Chief Engineer and Project Engineer in determining the technical requirements of the project, defining resource requirements to achieve schedule and budget commitments, and solving technical issues as they arise within the field of competence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work independently in solving technical issues
- Plan, estimate, schedule and monitor assigned work and the work of assigned resources
- Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments
- Supervise assigned resources
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions throughout MMC
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables
- Interpret contract requirements
- Develop contract change documents to support the project needs
- May be required to define, track and control subcontractor activities
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
The Senior Engineer may directly supervise 2 to 15 employees. Supervisory responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The Senior Engineer also demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology and 6 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the engineering field of competence.
- This requirement can also be met with an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology and 8 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the engineering field of competence, or a High School Diploma or GED and 9 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the engineering field of competence.
- Supervisory experience desired.
- Six Sigma or LEAN training desired.
- Must have technological skills (see attachment for specific skills) proven by verifiable and specific work experience, technical publication, or patent issue.
- Must have a working knowledge of standard shipbuilding rules and regulations, as well as the associated regulatory agencies and the review & approval process.
- Must have current computer skills relevant to the field of competence.
- Must have ability to work within schedule and budget restraints.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A basic Earned Value Management System competency is a bonus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com