Position Type: Contract
Title: Structural Engineer II
Pay Range: Open – Negotiable
REPORTS TO: Chief Department Engineer & Project Department Engineer.
SUPERVISES: Engineer I, Designers and Draftspersons.
Responsible for moderately complex design calculations and drawing development for the construction, maintenance, and repair of maritime vessels and shipboard systems including structural, propulsion, electrical, and hydraulic mechanics.
Complies with company employee handbook general guidelines, company procedures and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 to 6 years of relevant engineering experience in the manufacturing, construction (or similar) industry, shipbuilding industry preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses leadership skills, Ability to help grow company culture.
- Capable of training and developing level 1 engineers.
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, and MS Office products.
- Experienced in Steel and Aluminum Ship Construction.
- Working knowledge of ship and propulsion systems.
- Working knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e. ABS, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.).
- Working knowledge of modular construction methods.
- Working knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels.
- Working knowledge of shock design.
- Experience or knowledge of FEA methods, FEMAP / NASTRAN.
- Working knowledge of composite shafting.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Structural, Civil Mechanical or related engineering degree.
Experience in developing and analyzing structural designs, vessel design preferred.
Working knowledge of static, dynamic, and strength of material calculations.